Dangerous Grates in Monroe County
Dangerous storm water grates have long openings parallel to the street. A bicycle wheel can penetrate deeply into these grates and thus throw the rider and/or damage a bicycle.
* When you click the link below you will bring up a map of Monroe County.
* Each of the colored dots on the map represents a set of grates.
* Some grates have bars welded across them to make them safe.
* Red dot: some of the grates are dangerous.
* Purple dot: some grates have bars, no dangerous grates with less than three bars.
* A blue dot: dangerous grates have been replaced, no grates with bars.
* Click on a colored dot to bring up the list of grates in Monroe County.
* Information about the dot location will be positioned at the top of your browser window.
* If more than one, the number of grates in the set is given in parenthesis.
* Click here to bring up the Monroe County Map.
Click here to bring up a list of dangerous grates.